Kindly note that the baggage belt at LPIA (Lynden Pindling International Airport) Domestic Terminal is operated by the Nassau Airport Development Company. When customers check-in their bags and packages at our counter in Nassau, they are then placed on the baggage belt and is processed by Airport Authority after which they are distributed to the assigned airline to be placed on the aircraft. The time it takes to process those bags and packages are out of Sky Bahamas control. We remind you that you should arrive at the airport ahead of checking time so that your bags can be processed to accompany to your destination
General Conditions of Baggage Acceptance
Though we try to accommodate all of your baggage, restrictions do apply and your baggage will be accepted under the following conditions:
- All baggage is subject to search.
- We reserve the right to refuse bags that have a size, weight, or any condition that poses a safety or annoyance risk to other passengers and/or crew or baggage that is unsuitable for transportation on the aircraft.
- Specific baggage check-in rules vary by airport and must be met accordingly.
- Please make sure your name is somewhere on your baggage.
- Baggage will only be checked to the destination on your ticket.
Our goal is to provide you with a comfortable and seamless travel experience. To improve onboard efficiency, we ask that you follow our baggage policy as outlined below.
You may carry on one bag and one personal item at no charge. Please note that all items must easily fit into the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you and not exceed 22 lbs.
- Passengers should have his/her name on all pieces of baggage.
- Checked Baggage Allowance: Two (2) pieces of baggage not exceeding 45 lbs in total (Domestic).
We try our best to accommodate all baggage needs; however, bags that do not meet our size and weight restrictions require special handling and additional fees.
- Excess Weight (Baggage) Fee: $2.00 + VAT per pound over 45 lbs. for the first 2 checked bags (Domestic).
- Extra Bags Fee: $35 + VAT per bag (Domestic).
No individual checked item should exceed 70 lbs.(Domestic)
No individual checked item should exceed 45 lbs.(International)
Lost / Damaged Baggage
We are not liable for zippers/straps/wheels or damage caused from normal wear and tear. If your bag or content is damaged we will repair or replace depending on extent of damage.
Baggage checked subject to tariffs, including $200.00 limitation of liability therein contained.
Valuables including money, jewelry & documents are in included in the $200.00 liability, separate insurance coverage should be obtained to cover values in excess of liability noted.
For any further information please call 1-242-702-2600.